Someone could lose a parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, child or other loved one in a Florida wrongful death accident at anytime.
Wrongful death accidents in Broward County can occur due to many reasons, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – when a negligent and reckless driver gets behind the wheel of his car and causes a fatal car accident, truck wreck, motorcycle crash, bicycle accident or pedestrian accident, the victim’s family has a right to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida to seek justice.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – when an intoxicated person drives drunk, he is intentionally putting innocent motorists in danger. If a drunk driver kills someone, the victim’s loved ones have a right to pursue a wrongful death suit for compensation.
- Defective Products – when manufacturers of toys and other goods produce dangerous products that kill someone, the family of the deceased may be able to seek justice through a Florida wrongful death suit. Sadly, too many dangerous products are released into the marketplace without enough testing to ensure consumer safety.
- Medication Errors – when a negligent and careless nurse or other healthcare member provides the wrong medication, wrong dosage of the right medication, or makes any type of medication error that results in the death of a patient, the family of the patient can seek damages under a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Nursing Home Abuse – when an elderly person suffers fatal injuries due to nursing home abuse or neglect, the victim’s loved ones can hold the nursing home accountable for their wrongdoings in a Florida wrongful death suit.
- Professional Negligence – when employees are exposed to toxic chemicals or dangerous working conditions that lead to their death, a company should be held liable for their negligence that caused the wrongful deaths.
The loss of a loved one is devastating and traumatic to the family members of the victim. Often times a loved one may be so consumed with sadness that he or she may not be thinking clearly about investigating the death of their loved one in order to pursue justice and seek compensation.
This is why family members who have lost a loved one need to talk with an experienced South Florida wrongful death lawyer to find out if they have a case. Family members will learn more about their rights to pursue compensation under a wrongful death claim and learn how to protect their interests by speaking with a skilled Broward County wrongful death attorney. Contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld in a free consultation at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].