Since ground breaking research has discovered that the type of floor cleaner applied dramatically affects the likelihood of a person falling on a dry floor surface, it is vital to learn how to prevent accident injuries in Broward County. Common everyday floor cleaners purchased from major local supermarkets that are applied according to manufacturer’s instructions may radically affect the floor’s resistance to slips.
With only one application of any one of these vinyl floor cleaners, consumers can learn which are more likely to prevent or cause slip and fall accidents. The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) was able to detect which floor cleaners are LEAST effective in decreasing the floor’s slipperiness (also known as resistance to slip and falls).
Most Slippery Floor Cleaners
- Lysol All Purpose Cleaner: Reduced floor’s resistance by 43%
- Lysol One Step Floor Cleaner: Reduced floor’s resistance by 36%
- Mr. Clean Ultimate Orange Cleaner: Reduced floor’s resistance by 27%
- Lysol Wet Floor Cloths: Reduced floor’s resistance by 25%
- Swifter Wet Disposable Cloths: Reduced floor’s resistance by 25%
- Clorox Clean Up: Reduced floor’s resistance by 14%
- Spic and Span: Reduced floor’s resistance by 12%
The NFSI identified the floor cleaners that are MOST effective in decreasing the floor’s slipperiness. However, the study results showed that the floor cleaners were only able to increase the floor’s resistance to falls by a whopping one percent.
Least Slippery Floor Cleaners
- Pledge Orange Wood Floor Cleaner
- Pledge Grab It Wet Floor Wipes
- Pine Sol
- Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner
- Clorox Ready Mop
- Brite One-Floor Cleaner
Broward County slip and fall accidents caused by dry but slippery floors are often complicated and require immediate expert advice. Call an experienced South Florida Slip and Fall Attorney to conduct a property inspection, secure evidence, contact witnesses, and research prior property complaints.
A skilled South Florida Slip and Fall Attorney can assist you in pursuing a fair settlement. Contact the Law Office of David Benenfeld for a FREE consultation to help you with your claim. Call: [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].