When a traumatic auto accident in Broward County occurs, it can be life changing for the victim. If a victim lost a limb in the crash, his or her life will significantly be altered for a lifetime. Unfortunately, when catastrophic injuries like this occur, victims often slump into depression and denial not wanting to talk to anyone or deal with the matter at hand.
It is extremely difficult to focus on the future when life has dramatically changed. Victims need to be looking toward the future so they can get the compensation that they deserve and to get the help they need for their lifetime. However, victims should not be dealing with this alone.
This is why it is important that victims who have suffered amputation injuries in South Florida car accidents talk with experienced personal injury lawyers about the financial damages they may be able to recover.
Types of Financial Damages for Amputation Victims
Victims of car crashes who have suffered a loss of limb due to someone else’s negligence may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical bills including surgical costs, doctors appointments, ongoing care and follow up visits
- Out-of-pocket expenses – injuries of this nature can typically cause victims to incur out-of-pocket for house cleaning, childcare or other help that is needed
- Rehabilitation – amputation victims often need occupational therapy and physical therapy
- Lost income – when an amputation causes you to not return to work, you need to be compensated for the income your have lost and will lose for your future
- Other damages can include pain and suffering as well as other areas of damages
Unfortunately amputation injuries are not only life changing, but they are expensive. For this reason, it is critical to have a highly skilled injury attorney on your side to get you the most financial damages possible. To talk with a knowledgeable accident attorney in a free legal consultation, call the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″] today.