In 2010, more than 5.4 million vehicle accidents were reported in the United States. With so many accidents, it’s important to know what your rights are, and how an excellent car accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale can help.
Out of all of the accidents reported in 2010, 28% of those resulted in injury. With over 1.5 million injuries, it is crucial that you are well represented through all of the legal matters that come from an accident. As soon as an accident occurs, be sure to do these things:
- Take a deep breath and check for personal injuries. Also make sure that any passengers in your car are okay as well.
- Turn on your hazard lights, then exit the car to see if everyone in the other car involved is okay.
- Call 911 to report the accident and get a police officer dispatched to your location.
- Politely try to gather as much information as possible. This information includes: the driver’s name, phone number, insurance company, policy number, make and model of the car, and damage to each car. Take pictures as well, but be sure to never admit fault.
- After the police officer has arrived and taken his report, be sure to consult with an attorney.
If you’re looking for a car accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale, look no further than the Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld P.A. Years of experience helping accident victims, guarantees that you will receive expert representation during this difficult time in your life. We are dedicated to getting you the compensation you deserve. Contact us for a consultation about your case.