A wrongful death in South Florida can happen to anyone at any time. The loss of a loved one is traumatic. It is even more traumatic for a family to lose a loved one unexpectedly from the negligence of another person or a faulty and defective product.
A wrongful death lawsuit in Broward County is usually filed on behalf of someone who died as a result of the negligence or a wrongful action.In most instances this is a family member initiating the wrongful death lawsuit and can claim damages.
There are many causes of a wrongful death. Defective vehicles and negligent drivers are the cause of the majority of wrongful deaths in South Florida.When a person dies as a result of someone else’s negligence, it may be grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit.
Some of the most common types of motor vehicle accidents and injuries that can lead to wrongful deaths are:
- SUV Accidents.SUV’s have been known to have a much higher chance of rolling over than other types of vehicles.Although precautions have been added to SUV’s to help eliminate the problem, nothing is foolproof.
- Automobile Accidents. One of the most common types of automobile accidents is caused by negligent drivers.Being distracted, pre-occupied, not watching the road, texting while driving and many other careless actions cause wrongful death accident to someone else.
- Van Accidents. The frightening thing about van accidents is that in many cases the van is carrying children to and from school, sporting events or other activities.Large vans, such as 15 passenger vans, are more likely to roll over than any other type of motor vehicle.
- Bus Accidents.There have been more and more bus accidents that have occurred recently.Most buses lack seatbelts including school buses, giving no protection to the passengers.
- Boating Accidents. A boat is a motor vehicle where wrongful deaths occur.The most common causes of boating accidents include, drinking, excessive speed, carelessness, and not paying attention.
- ATV Accidents. ATV accidents are becoming more and more common.Children as well as adults are riding them.Most ATV accidents occur because of recklessness and not knowing how to properly operate the equipment.
There are many other causes of wrongful death accidents, but most of them are the result of someone else’s negligence or a defective device.
In a South Florida wrongful death accident, the estate of the deceased can file a claim against the negligent party for damages.It is important that a knowledgeable South Florida wrongful death attorney represent the family with their claim.
A Broward County wrongful death lawyer can get their clients compensation for a wrongful death claim for the loss of a loved one that can include:
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering, prior to the death of the loved one
- Hospital bills
- Medical bills
- And more
If you have a loved one who died from a wrongful death situation and need an experienced South Florida wrongful death attorney, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld today at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].