Miramar, Florida Injury Attorney
Whether you were hurt at work or in an accident caused by the negligence of another, a serious injury can have a major impact on your life. Not only are you dealing with doctors, hospitals, medical bills, and pain and suffering, but you must also cope with the impact of your injuries on your job, your finances, your family, your many responsibilities, and other aspects of your life.
While you are recovering physically, mentally, and emotionally from the effects of your accident, you need a dedicated legal advocate to protect your rights and interests and fight hard for the compensation and benefits you deserve. An experienced personal injury lawyer can deal with insurance companies on your behalf and aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for your losses.
Why Choose David M. Benenfeld?
Attorney David M. Benenfeld has been successfully handling personal injury and workers’ compensation cases in Florida for over 20 years. He has a great amount of experience in dealing with insurance companies and knows the tactics they use and what to do to maximize your compensation or benefits.
Our founder is known for having obtained significant settlements and jury verdicts over his years in practice. He has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and has received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award, 2014 – 2017. If you have been injured in Miramar, you can have confidence that your case is in good hands, and that everything possible will be done to help you to pursue the maximum level of compensation.
Types of Injury Cases We Handle
We provide high-quality representation in a range of injury matters, representing injured people – and not insurance companies or large corporations. The types of cases we handle include:
- Automobile accidents: Millions of people are injured in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. every year. In Florida alone, 225,679 people were injured in traffic crashes in 2014, according to Florida Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES) statistics.
- Motorcycle crashes: In a single recent year, 88,000 people were injured and 4,668 were killed in motorcycle accidents in the U.S., as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Many motorcycle collisions are caused by drivers of passenger vehicles who fail to notice motorcycles in the roadway.
- Trucking accidents: Because of the sheer size and weight or large commercial trucks, passenger vehicle occupants are likely to suffer serious injury or death in large truck collisions. The NHTSA reports that 3,964 people died and 95,000 were injured in large truck crashes in the U.S. in a recent year.
- Bicycle accidents: As reported on FIRES, there were 7,082 bicycle crashes in Florida in 2014, resulting in 135 fatalities. Use of proper helmets can reduce the risk of head and brain injuries in bicycle accidents, as stated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Workers’ compensation: Collecting workers’ compensation benefits should be easy and practically automatic after a worker suffers an on-the-job injury. In actuality, however, it is not always easy to collect the benefits you need, and employers do not always comply with the law. The Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation reports that $1,477,398 in insurance premiums were generated in FY 2013-14 based on orders of penalty assessment.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), abuse and neglect in long-term care facilities affects millions of people in the U.S. Abuse may be physical, psychological, sexual, financial, or in the form of gross neglect.
- Wrongful death: No settlement or verdict can ever compensate you for the wrongful death of a loved one. However, with a wrongful death claim, you can seek justice for your loved one by holding responsible parties accountable, helping to prevent similar negligence and injury to others in the future.
- Premises liability claims: When a property owner fails in their duty to maintain a property and keep it reasonably free of hazards, tenants, customers, and visitors can get hurt. Slippery floors and walkways, falling merchandise, toxic chemical exposure, inadequate lighting, and lack of security are examples of dangerous conditions that can result in serious injuries.
Legal Help for Injured People in Miramar
If you have suffered a job-related injury or illness or an injury caused by someone else’s negligence, it is in your best interests to consult with an experienced Florida injury attorney. At The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., we provide compassionate, efficient, and effective representation to injured people in Miramar and other Florida communities. You can rest assured that we will fight hard on your behalf for the maximum compensation or benefits you are entitled to receive. Contact us today for a free initial case consultation!