Hialeah, FL Accident and Injury Lawyer
After suffering a serious injury, you need to focus on getting better instead of dealing with insurance companies and complex legal issues. If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence in Hialeah, you need a Florida personal injury lawyer with the knowledge and skills to fight for the compensation you need for your medical expenses, lost wages, impaired earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you were injured on the job or have developed an occupational illness, you may need an experienced Florida workers’ compensation attorney to protect your rights and help you pursue the benefits you are entitled to receive. Although, under state law, workers’ compensation should cover your medical expenses associated with the injury and reimburse you for a portion of your lost wages, workers’ comp insurance carriers may attempt to deny or minimize your benefits.
Why Choose the Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld?
Our founding attorney, David M. Benenfeld, has over 2 decades of experience representing people in Florida in personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. He has obtained substantial settlements and verdicts for his clients, and has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. He knows insurance company tactics, and knows what it takes to get you the compensation and benefits you deserve.
Although David M. Benenfeld does not go to court without a reason, and will negotiate skillfully for a favorable settlement on your behalf, he is not afraid to fight for your rights and interests at trial if necessary. His reputation precedes him, and, fortunately for his clients, insurance companies tend to take his cases and his clients’ needs seriously.
Our Practice Areas
At our firm, we focus on assisting people injured in Florida to pursue the compensation and benefits they need and deserve. We handle a range of injury matters, including:
- Auto accidents: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the annual cost of traffic crashes in the U.S. is an estimated $242 billion. IIHS states that alcohol consumption, speeding, and other problematic driver behavior contributes to the death toll in motor vehicle crashes.
- Bicycle accidents: IIHS reports that 741 bicyclists were killed in traffic crashes in the most recent year for which statistics are available. This figure represents a 2% increase in bicyclist fatalities over the previous year.
- Motorcycle accidents: As stated by the Insurance Information Institute (III), based on a recent year’s statistics, motorcycle riders were 26 times more likely per vehicle mile traveled to die in a traffic accident than passenger vehicle occupants, and 5 times more likely to be injured.
- Trucking accidents: IIHS reports that driver fatigue is a known crash risk with large commercial trucks. Although commercial truck drivers are subject to federal hours-of-service regulations designed to prevent driver fatigue, surveys indicate that many drivers violate those regulations.
- Wrongful death: When a motor vehicle accident, or any accident or injury caused by the negligence of another, results in the death of the victim, surviving family members may be entitled to seek compensation and justice for their deceased loved one in a wrongful death claim.
- Nursing home abuse: According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), during a two-year period, nearly 1 in every 3 nursing homes in the U.S. was cited for violations of federal standards that actually harmed or had the potential to cause harm to residents.
- Premises liability: Hazardous conditions on a property can cause serious injury to tenants, customers, clients, visitors, and passersby. Examples include wet floors that cause slip and fall accidents, tenant exposure to toxic chemicals, and assault resulting from lack of security.
- Workers’ compensation: If you are injured in a work-related accident or develop an occupational illness in Hialeah, you should be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits, including coverage of your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages. If you are having trouble obtaining these benefits and/or would like a lump sum settlement, consult with an experienced Florida injury attorney.
Legal Help for Injured Hialeah Residents
If you have been injured by another, the responsible party and that party’s insurance company will undoubtedly have an attorney – if not a team of attorneys – representing their interests against your claim. If you have been injured at work, your employer’s insurance company will also have attorneys, and your best interests will not be their top priority.
Contact The Law Office of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., to get an experienced and dedicated injury lawyer on your side, who will fight hard for the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive. You can be completely confident that your case is in good hands, and that we will aggressively pursue every possible form of compensation for you.