Aggressive Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney Fighting for Victims in Southern Florida
Have you recently been injured in an automobile accident? Or maybe you’re the unfortunate victim of a slip and fall? Did you sustain a work-related injury, or have you or a loved one been the victim of nursing home abuse? Has someone you love tragically passed away because of the negligent act of another? If any of these circumstances sound familiar to you, we may be able to help.
In personal injury matters like these, an innocent person is harmed because of the failure of another to use reasonable care, or by the reckless or negligent actions of another. If you have been injured because of an act of negligence, you may be entitled to file a claim for economic and non-economic compensatory damages. Without being an experienced attorney, it can be hard to know what damages you may deserve and what rights you may have that you’ll need to fight for.
Economic damages may include lost wages, lost earning capacity, medical expenses, and other economic consequences of your injuries. On the other hand, non-economic damages may include loss of companionship or consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, pain, and suffering, and other losses. In some cases, punitive damages are also awarded to punish the responsible party for a particularly egregious conduct. If you have been injured, schedule a consultation with our skilled Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer, David M. Benenfeld, and find out how we can help you get the compensation you deserve. David will listen thoroughly to your story and your circumstances. He will be able to give you an honest assessment of the rights you have and the damages you may be entitled to. His knowledge, experience, and skill are tops in the field, and he can put those skills to work for you.
Reasons to Choose The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A.
After a serious personal injury, it is in your best interests to retain a knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney to help you pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive. Injured victims can find a Ft Lauderdale injury lawyer with years of experience and a successful track record at The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. We can also assist you with your workers’ compensation claim if you have been hurt on the job.
Workers’ compensation, like many legal matters, can be complicated. There are a number of specialized and specific legal regulations that apply, and it’s important to have an attorney who understands the law and can help you navigate that maze. David M. Benenfeld is such an attorney.
Whether you’ve sustained an injury at work, in the car, or elsewhere, it’s important to act quickly to retain the help you need. Our office specializes in a wide variety of personal injury claims, and we would love to discuss your claim, personally, to see what help might best fit your circumstances and needs.
As proven and skilled injury attorneys, we will explain the legal process to you in a way that is simple and easy to understand, and we are always available to answer questions, as we are dedicated to always returning calls within 24 hours, if not sooner.
Our Ft Lauderdale personal injury lawyer has the experience, skills, and dedication to effectively and efficiently pursue the compensation or benefits you need after a serious injury. Attorney David M. Benenfeld has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® as a result of the significant settlements and jury verdicts he has obtained on behalf of his clients.
Our legal practice is focused exclusively on injury matters, representing injured people in Florida. The types of cases we handle include the following:
- Auto accidents: In 2014, there were a total of 344,263 traffic crashes in the state of Florida, in which 225,679 people were injured and 2,495 were killed, as stated on Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES). While we would all like to assume that other drivers are as responsible and cautious as we are, this is unfortunately often not the case. Sadly, we often share the roadways with distracted, intoxicated, or otherwise negligent and reckless drivers, and accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. When this happens, you need help and you need it quickly.
- Bicycle accidents: Although bicyclists account for only 1% of all trips taken in the U.S., they face a higher risk of death or injury than occupants of enclosed passenger vehicles, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In a single recent year, there were 494,000 visits to emergency rooms because of bicycle accidents. A visit to the emergency room should always be your first step, followed by a consultation with experienced legal counsel who can fight for your right to compensation for your injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: When a motorcycle comes to a sudden stop due to a collision, a rider can be thrown forcefully from the bike, sustaining injuries from impact with objects in the body’s pathway, as well as from impact with the ground. These accidents can happen instantaneously and the damage can be significant. It’s important to have someone in your corner fighting for your recovery.
- Trucking accidents: As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), of the 3,964 people killed in large truck collisions in a recent year, 71% were occupants of other vehicles, 11% were cyclists or pedestrians, and only 17% were occupants of the large commercial trucks.
- To understand your rights and the recovery you deserve in these situations, give us a call.
- Nursing home abuse: The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) states that nursing home residents face a greater risk of abuse and neglect in facilities that have a high percentage of residents with dementia and a low ratio of staff to residents. No loved one should ever be treated this way. Let us fight for you and for those you love.
- Premises liability: The legal theory of premises liability holds property owners and other parties responsible for injuries caused by hazardous conditions on their property, such as wet floors, falling objects, icy walkways, insufficient lighting, and inadequate security. If you’ve been the victim of a slip and fall, we can help you understand the law and your rights.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost someone you love through the negligence of another, we understand that no amount of money can ever bring back your loved one or compensate you for the loss you have suffered. Nevertheless, we can help you seek justice for your loved one by holding the responsible party accountable in a wrongful death claim.
- Workers’ compensation: Although most Florida workers are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits if they are injured on the job, those benefits are not always easy to obtain. Workers’ compensation insurance adjusters are notorious for denying claims. An experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney can help protect your rights to receive the medical care and wage replacement benefits you need, as well as to help you obtain a lump sum settlement.
Legal Help for Injured People in Ft Lauderdale
After an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or an injury or illness suffered at work, your focus should be on recovering and getting back to your life. David M. Benenfeld is an experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer and knows how to deal with insurance companies and what it takes to obtain the compensation or benefits you deserve. Contact us today for a dedicated legal advocate in your injury case. Call (954) 530-8077 to connect directly with our office and our proven Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer.