When a slip and fall accident in South Florida or anywhere else occurs, the victim of the fall generally experiences embarrassment and doesn’t know what to do immediately after the fall because he or she is shaken from the experience.
This is why our Fort Lauderdale slip and fall accident attorneys want to give you this checklist to help you know what to do if you are ever injured and on the ground after a Florida slip and fall accident.
Slip & Fall Checklist for Florida Victims:
- Get medical attention. If you cannot move or are in serious pain, you should call 911. You never know what type of injuries you may have suffered, and it is better to be cautious in situations like these. Injuries may range from broken bones, knee injuries, back and neck injuries to head injuries or worse. If you don’t want to call 911, or if you don’t think your injuries are that severe to warrant a ride to the hospital in an ambulance, then schedule a doctor’s appointment immediately.
- Take pictures of the scene. If possible, get out your cell phone and take pictures of the spill or obstacle that you tripped or slipped and fell on. When a fall takes place at a grocery store, the hazard is quickly removed or repaired. Pictures help strengthen your case.
- Talk to people around you. If there is anyone near you when you fell, ask them if they saw you fall and if you can get their contact information in case you need a witness. Having witnesses testify can strengthen a premises liability case.
- Let your family and employer know. If you are injured, you will need to notify your employer that you will miss work. Additionally, you will need the help and support of your family and friends. Don’t keep your injury a secret from those close to you.
- Contact a South Florida slip and fall lawyer. If you believe your slip and fall injuries in Florida were the result of someone else’s negligence, you will need to talk with a skilled premises liability lawyer so that you can make sure your case is solid and that you are protecting your rights to a obtain a financial recovery for your injuries that you suffered.
For help with your premises liability case, please call a knowledgeable Broward County slip and fall lawyer at the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″] for a free consultation today.