What types of benefits am I entitled to after suffering an injury on the job?
After suffering an injury at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in Florida. There are several different benefits that workers’ comp insurance covers, such as:
- Medical care expenses. This benefit should cover any medical care related to the injury you suffered on the job.
- Job displacement benefits. This benefit can help you enhance your work skills or be retrained in order to be able to return to work for your employer.
- Temporary disability benefits. This benefit kicks in if your work-related injury keeps you from doing your normal job tasks while you are recovering.
- Permanent disability benefits. This benefit applies when a work injury prevents you from recovering completely and returning to work.
- Death benefits. This benefit is paid to your spouse or children if you pass away from an on the job accident or occupational illness.
To learn more about your benefits and what you are entitled to following a workplace injury, contact a trusted workers’ comp attorney in Fort Lauderdale at the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 for a free consultation today.