What Makes Driving During Thanksgiving A More Dangerous Time To Be On The Road?
While a holiday that is about giving thanks and turkey dinners doesn’t seem so dangerous, statistics show that driving during the Thanksgiving holiday travel period is one of the most dangerous times to be on the road. Unfortunately, there are more deadly accidents and drunk driving accidents that occur during this travel period than on most any other day.
Some of the reasons the Thanksgiving holiday travel period is so dangerous, includes:
- There are more people on the road, which creates more traffic.
- More people are driving longer miles, which can cause them to become not so alert at the wheel.
- Many travelers leave early in the morning or late at night, which causes them to be affected by drowsy driving.
- Drivers are often in a hurry to reach their destinations that they speed and are more aggressive.
- Rain can cause drivers to have a difficult time seeing traffic and stopping in time.
- Too many people are drinking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of their cars drunk.
Because it is a dangerous time of the year to be on the road, it is important that you get a good night’s sleep before driving, drive the speed limit, leave plenty of room between you and the car ahead, and never drive impaired.
If you are involved in a car accident in Fort Lauderdale during the Thanksgiving holiday period, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld to speak with an experienced Broward County injury lawyer in a free consultation at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″] today.