What Is The First Thing I Should Do AFTER A Truck Accident?
There are certain choices that you will make immediately following a trucking accident that will have a direct impact on your claim against the trucking company.
- Don’t Move. Remain seated if you feel dizzy or pain. Try your best to stay calm.
- Contact 911. Police will need to protect the integrity of the accident scene in order to preserve evidence for your case.
- Stay Factual. When giving your statement, do NOT give your opinion, interpretation, or speculation about the accident details.
- Take Specific Photos. Collect the license numbers on the truck and trailer, skid marks, company info, condition of truck and tires, driver info and insurance.
- Retrieve Police Report. Once the police complete the accident report, request a copy to secure for your records.
- Do Not Speak with Trucking Insurance Co. until you have met with your own skilled Broward County Trucking Accident Attorney.
Contact the Law Office of David Benenfeld for a FREE consultation to help with your claim. Call: [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].