What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Tailgater?
Highly irritated drivers have mastered an assortment of tactics that involve getting rid of a tailgater. Unfortunately, many of these techniques typically involve revenge and road rage. Follow these simple steps below to help get rid of a tailgater-safely.
- Stay Calm. Don’t assume that the tailgater is aggressive or angry. Sometimes tailgaters are in a hurry or don’t feel they require as much space as the other driver.
- Allow the tailgater to pass. It’s not worth it; make a safe lane change and allow the tailgater to go ahead.
- Don’t drive in the fast lane. Goes along with the old adage, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Stay out of high speed passing lanes if you don’t want to be tailgated.
- Don’t change your speed. To allow tailgaters to pass safely, don’t slow down or speed up, this will throw off the driver and cause serious accident.
- Be level headed. Always choose safety over right-of-way and speed limit laws.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury from a tailgating car accident in South Florida, you need a qualified accident attorney that has a thorough understanding of the various factors that play into the complexity of your case. Contact the Offices of David M. Benenfeld for a free consultation.