If I Do Get Hurt On The Job, What Must I Do To Protect My Rights Under Workers’ Compensation Law?

A: You need to report the accident immediately to your superior so that you may immediately begin to receive the benefits you are entitled to under Workers’ Compensation law. Your employer, by the same token, has a legal duty to complete a First Report of Injury of Illness and file it with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. When this occurs, you should ask you employer for a copy of this document, and you should also ask you employer for an authorized medical care provider. You should also ask you employer for lost wages, should the authorized medical provider indicate to you that you cannot work. Should the authorized medical provider place you on light-duty work status, and should your employer not have work available for you within your limitations, you should also request that monetary benefits be provided to you.

Contact us at the Law Office of David Benenfeld for help filing for benefits. We offer a free case evaluation.