I Lost My Husband In A Car Accident Caused By A Drunk Driver. I Relied On His Income And Am Trying To Find Out What Compensation Is Available?
A: We are very saddened to hear of your loss. Losing anyone close to you, especially a spouse, can cause immense devastation, pain and suffering that no one should have to be put through. Since driving drunk is a choice that a negligent driver made, you may be entitled to pursue a wrongful death claim in Florida.
Because your husband died unexpectedly, you may have many expenses that you need to get compensated for including:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Future lost income
- Loss of companionship and services
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Since your husband died in a wrongful death accident in Florida, you and your family should not have to be left penniless and bear the financial burden in addition to your emotional loss. You may be entitled to the following damages:
- Economic damages – this is compensation for monetary losses that would include medical expenses, loss of future earning, and loss of domestic services.
- Non-economic damages – this is compensation for non-monetary losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages – this is compensation awarded for the purpose of punishment from reckless behavior.
Because wrongful death lawsuits can be complicated, it is in your best interest to speak with a skilled Broward County wrongful death lawyer to find out more about your rights to compensation and make sure you collect the damages you deserve.
The Law Offices of David Benenfeld, P.A. are here to help if your family has suffered a wrongful death. Contact us today to see if you have a case. We can help you file your claim and be compensated for your losses.