I Live In South Florida And Have Been Diagnosed With Bipolar Disorder. Is It True I May Qualify For Social Security Benefits For Bipolar Disorder?
A: If you are feeling depressed and a little moody, it’s going to take more than that to receive income from Social Security. But, there is hope! If your doctor has diagnosed you with bipolar disorder then help could be just around the corner.
How to know if YOU QUALIFY for Social Security Benefits in South Florida:
- What is your monthly income right now? If you are earning more than $1k/month, you will be automatically disqualified.
- Does your bipolar disorder significantly limit your abilities to perform basic work activities?
- Are you SURE that you meet the medical criteria required for a concrete diagnosis of bipolar disorder?
- Have you been able to work in the past while diagnosed as bipolar? If so, the SSA will expect that you can do the same work and deny your claim.
- What work are you capable of? Factors vary based upon age, education, experience, and mental condition.
It is important to talk with a South Florida Social Security Disability attorney to help you prepare your paperwork to get the results you are looking for.
If you need assistance to file your claim for Social Security Disability Insurance, the Law Offices of David Benenfeld is here to help.
For a free consultation and book call today: [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″]. Can’t Work? Maneuvering the Social Security Disability Claim’s Maze.