How do I go about getting a witness to testify in my favor after my slip and fall accident at a movie theater?

Hopefully, you collected the witness’s name, phone number and address following your slip and fall accident. It’s a difficult thing to remember when you are likely embarrassed from falling and in pain. However, witnesses can add strength to your slip and fall injury claim and help you collect the compensation you deserve.

If you have his or her information, you can ask the witness if he or she would be willing to provide a voluntary account of what happened. If the witness doesn’t want to cooperate, you can ask your lawyer to contact the witness to try and explain why testimony can help your case. If the witness still doesn’t want to cooperate, your lawyer can petition the court to request the court to subpoena the witness.

If your witness is unavailable during your trial, your attorney can get his or her testimony before hand and the statement can be read in court. Because most injury cases get settled outside of court, it is likely that the witness will only have to give a deposition. If your case does go to trial, your attorney can help prepare the witness so that the witness to your case isn’t nervous or hesitant to appear in court.

To learn more about testimony in court and how to proceed with your slip and fall injury claim in Florida courts, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld today at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 for a free consultation with an injury attorney.