Can My Spouse Receive Money For Taking Care Of Me Following My Workplace Accident That Left Me Paralyzed?

When a work accident causes you to suffer a permanent injury such as paraplegia or quadriplegia, you will need the full amount of Florida workers’ comp benefits that you can get. This even means that your spouse may be entitled to benefits if he or she is providing care for you.

When an injured worker needs nursing and home care services as part of his or her workers’ comp benefits, it is possible that a spouse could be entitled to those benefits for taking care of you. The workers’ comp insurance carrier will, of course, try and deny paying your spouse such benefits, but it is possible that your spouse be paid these benefits instead of someone else.

If your spouse is getting you in and out of bed, helping you exercise your feet and legs, administering your medication, taking care of your hygiene, devoting a large portion of his or her time to caring for you, and doing other tasks around the house that you used to do, then your spouse should be able to collect benefits for these services.

It is important that you get a workers’ compensation lawyer involved to argue this position and get you the most benefits possible following your workplace injury. Contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld today to speak with an experienced Fort Lauderdale workers’ comp attorney to learn more about your rights in a free consultation at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].