People go to the hospital to be treated by doctors in order to improve their health. They never expect that they would suffer an injury in a hospital due to a medication mistake caused by a negligent doctor, nurse or other medical professional. Unfortunately, medication errors made by doctors, nurses, and even pharmacists occur more often than they should.
Sadly, medication errors in Florida and nationwide cause injuries and wrongful death to victims. When medical mistakes take place, innocent people suffer the consequences and innocent lives are lost as a result. Medical negligence that leads to death is sickening to say the least.
Examples of medical mistakes that have led to wrongful deaths in South Florida:
- Surgical mistakes – when a surgical error occurs and the surgeon’s mistake leads to a patient’s death, a medical malpractice and wrongful death case could be pursued.
- Medication mistakes – when a doctor or nurse calculates the wrong dose of drugs, incorrectly transcribes the information, or charts the wrong information and causes a patient to overdose, the patient could suffer cardiac arrest that results in severe anoxic brain injury and death.
- Pharmacist mistakes – when a pharmacist fills the wrong drug or the wrong dose of the right medication, patients can suffer fatally.
- Drug mixing mistakes – when a physician fails to determine what other drugs a patient is taking or to identify any patient allergies prior to prescribing a medication, a patient may suffer pulmonary embolism and death as a result.
- Failure to diagnose – when a doctor fails to identify a serious illness that could have prevented death, he or she should be held accountable.
- Birth injury errors – when an obstetrician fails to act quickly or uses forceps or the vacuum the wrong way, birth injuries could occur that could lead to death.
If your loved one died as a result of medical malpractice, you have the right to seek compensation and pursue justice through a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida. Do not delay contacting a skilled wrongful death attorney in Broward County today. A wrongful death lawyer can help your family seek justice and financial compensation for funeral costs, medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of future income, loss of services, loss of companionship, and more.
Although no amount of money can take away your grief and pain, obtaining a significant recovery will provide some amount of comfort for your family. By securing your financial future, you can start moving forward with your life. If you would like to talk with a caring and experienced South Florida wrongful death attorney, contact the Law Office of David Benenfeld today for a free consultation at [number type=”1″] or [number type=”1″].