What you do after a car accident in Florida can make the difference of whether or not you will be able to receive compensation for your injuries. If you have been injured in an auto accident, here is a list of what you should and should not do after the crash.
- After the crash, you should be examined by a doctor.Depending on the severity of your injuries, you should consider going to the hospital right immediately or to your doctor the next morning. Some injuries do not show immediate signs, but may get worse and worse over time. You need to get documentation of your injuries from a medical professional just in case you need to file a claim.
- Contact the insurance company to get the claim in process.However, it is important to note that insurance companies do not always offer fair settlements, which is why you may need additional assistance.
- Consider contacting an attorney, such as David Benenfeld, who can help you gather the necessary documentation, review the evidence and help you prove that you were injured in the accident. An experienced lawyer will also be able to assist you with determining how much your case is worth.
- Do not admit to guilt or blame the other driver to the police or anyone else at the crash scene.Emotions are often powerful following an accident and you do not want to say anything that could hurt your claim.
- Do not accept an insurance settlement that is too low.Insurance adjusters are given a range to work with when it comes to offering settlements.As you can imagine, the insurance adjuster will start at the lower end of that range.
- Do not let the insurance adjuster intimidate you.The insurance adjuster may infer that your case is similar to others that have been settled by the insurance company. Remember that each case is unique.
If you have been injured in a car crash, make sure you avoid these common mistakes so that you receive the full compensation in which you are entitled.You can benefit from working with an auto accident lawyer who will be able to review your case to determine who was at fault.Contact David Benenfeld today at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″] for legal advice regarding your Florida car accident case.