When someone you love dies, you may feel sadness, anger, a void and a mix of emotions inside. Sadly, when someone you love dies due to the negligence of another person, your anger and emotions may be harder to control knowing that the loss could have been prevented.
Here are some common causes of wrongful death accidents in Florida and an explanation of each:
- Birth injuries – when a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional makes a medical mistake and a baby suffers fatally, that hospital and negligent staff need to be held accountable for the wrongful death you and your family suffered.
- Medical malpractice – when doctors and medical personnel make surgical mistakes, fail to diagnose, or delay a diagnosis and death results, the family of the decedent needs to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent parties involved.
- Nursing home abuse – when your elderly loved one dies as a result of nursing home abuse in Florida, neglect, or malnutrition, the surviving family members should file a wrongful death claim against the nursing home facility to seek justice and prevent this from happening to someone else.
- Premises liability – when the conditions on someone else’s property cause a loved one to slip and fall and suffer fatal injuries, the property owner may be liable for wrongful death.
- Car accidents – when another driver gets behind the wheel and drives drugged or drunk, surviving family members should file a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida against the negligent driver responsible.
- Truck accidents – when a loved one dies in a truck accident, the crash could have been caused from overloading, load shifting, bad tires or negligent driving by the trucker.
- Bicycle accidents – when a bicyclist suffers a fatal injury due to a negligent driver who ran a red light, a wrongful death suit could be pursued in this case.
- Automobile defects – if a car manufacturer was responsible for defects in the automobile’s mechanics or defective tires caused the death of your loved one, you can bring a wrongful death suit against the vehicle or tire manufacturer.
If you are the spouse, child or family member who has survived your loved one, you may want to contact a South Florida wrongful death attorney to find out how to recover financially and emotionally following the loss of your loved one.
A skilled Broward County wrongful death attorney can help investigate your case and help you pursue justice. After losing someone you love, it is difficult to pursue cases of this nature alone, as you may not be able to think clearly while you are mourning the loss of your loved one. Call us today at the Law Offices of David Benenfeld for a free consultation at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].