Proven Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Attorney Ready To Help You
Florida averages almost 1,100 motor vehicle crashes each day with more than 250,000 people injured and another 3,077 killed each year. The sudden impact of a car accident exposes the vehicle’s occupants to flying glass, sharp metal, and violent movements. Depending upon the type of collision, car accident injuries range from mild bruising or muscle ache to paralysis and even death.
There are many law firms claiming to handle car accident claims, but serious injuries demand the trial experience, legal knowledge, and negotiating skills of a seasoned Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney from the Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. His unwavering commitment to achieving superior outcomes and a willingness to aggressively fight for the victims of car crashes has earned him the respect of insurance claims adjusters and defense lawyers who facilitate the resolution of claims.
Driver’s negligence causes car accidents
We spend time discussing the auto accident with you to learn as much about what happened as possible. We do this to identify evidence in order to prove the cause of the collision and the parties responsible for it. Drivers in Florida owe a duty of care to other users of the roads to maintain control over their vehicles, to keep a proper lookout for people and vehicles, and to refrain from causing harm to them.
Driver behavior that deviates from the duty of care when operating a vehicle includes:
- Distracted driving, including texting, adjusting the radio, talking to passengers, or other activities that take a driver’s eyes or concentration away from the task of driving
- Speeding, reckless driving, and tailgating
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Changing lanes without checking to see if it is safe to do so
- Failing to yield the right of way to other vehicles or pedestrians
- Failing to obey stop signs and traffic lights
If our investigation discloses evidence of negligence on the part of multiple parties, all of them may be liable for paying compensation for the injuries they caused you to suffer.
Different types of auto accidents may be caused by driver negligence, including the following:
- Rear-end collisions: A vehicle slamming into the rear of another vehicle could be the result of a distracted driver not realizing traffic had slowed or stopped. It could also be caused by a driver following too closely and being unable to stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Sideswipe collisions: When two vehicles traveling in the same direction in adjoining lanes slam into each other, the cause could be from a failure of a driver changing lanes to look first to see if the lane is clear.
- Head-on collisions: These types of car accidents frequently cause catastrophic injuries to vehicle occupants as two vehicles traveling in opposite directions crash into each other. Unsafe passing and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are common causes of head-on crashes.
- T-bone collisions: A side-impact collision frequently occurs when a driver making a turn is struck in the side by an oncoming vehicle. Determining the cause of a side-impact or T-bone collision takes careful analysis of the accident because it could be the fault of the oncoming vehicle failing to avoid the turning vehicle or the turning vehicle not yielding to oncoming traffic.
Types of injuries frequently caused by a car accident in Ft Lauderdale
Seat belts, airbags, and other safety features may not prevent you from violently hitting against hard windows, the frame, and other hard surfaces in a car during a collision. Some of the serious injuries you might suffer in a car crash include:
- Traumatic brain injury and concussion
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Bulging and herniated discs in the back
- Bone fractures
Whiplash is a common injury in a rear-end collision because of the violent forward and backward head movement experienced by occupants of the car being hit. The impact causes damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Serious injuries suffered in an auto accident may take a long time to heal. Some injuries could leave you with a permanent disability, so we work closely with your health care professionals to ensure the compensation you receive is sufficient to compensate you. Compensation includes:
- Payment of current and anticipated future medical treatment
- Lost income and lost or diminished future income
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Full or partial disability
Depending upon the extent of your injuries, the compensation could also include the costs of home health care.
Other practice areas we offer in Ft Lauderdale
Our Ft Lauderdale auto accident lawyers also offer representation for the following personal injury matters:
- Slip & fall injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Bicycle accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
Trusted Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Law Firm
The amount of compensation you get for the injuries suffered in a car crash frequently depends on the knowledge, skill, and dedication of the personal injury attorney you select to represent you. Ft Lauderdale car accident attorney, David M. Benenfeld, has built a reputation as a trusted advocate committed to achieving the best result possible for the victims of auto accidents. Call the Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., at (954) 530-8077, or use the online contact form to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation with our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer.