According to the DMV, aggressive driving is the key predictor of an incident turning into road rage. “Aggressive driving and road rage happens when crowded roads and impatience cause one driver to react angrily to another driver.”
To prevent becoming the target of road rage, the DMV recommend that cyclists avoid aggressive drivers by taking the following precautions:
- NEVER cut off other drivers! Angry motorists are easily angered when they are cut off.
- NEVER stay in their lane if you are going slower than flow of traffic! Stay to right. Aggressive drivers don’t normally exhibit patience with slow cyclists.
- NEVER tailgate! Respect their space, just as you want them to respect yours.
- NEVER give the finger! This goes without saying, unless you want to become their next victim.
- NEVER make eye contact with angry driver! Angry drivers may take this as a cue that the cyclist wants to be confronted.
Contact your Broward County Bicycle Accident Attorney to assist you achieving a successful claim for your road rage injury. Call Law Office of David Benenfeld for a FREE consultation to help you with your claim. Call: [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].