When people slip and fall, they don’t always realize they may have sustained an injury to the brain until much later. Sometimes, it takes a family member, co-worker, or loved one to notice a person’s diminished ability to function before the slip and fall accident. Victims of slip and fall accidents require major changes to their lifestyle, both personally and professionally. Groundbreaking brain research is proving to reveal how incredibly complex and amazing the brain is.
Below is a brief description of the endless functions and responsibilities of the human brain.
The Brain’s Nuts and Bolts
- Impulse control
- Problem solving
- Sexual behavior
- Sense of direction
- Five senses
- Recognize faces
- Process size, color, shape
Brain injury is considered to be one of the most severe consequences of slip and fall accidents in Broward County. Brain injury symptoms are categorized into four different categories described below.
- Brain Injury: Cognitive Symptoms – Slip and fall victims may find it difficult to express thoughts and emotions, understanding others, make well thought out decisions, and have proper use of their memory.
- Brain Injury: Perception Symptoms – Slip and fall victims may suffer some sort of inability to use their five senses, including vision, smell, taste, touch, and hearing. They may be easily disoriented, have a hard time balancing, unable to sense and manage time, and be more sensitive to pain than before.
- Brain Injury: Physical Symptoms – Slip and fall victims often complain of constant headaches, inability to concentrate, fatigue, slurred speech, paralysis, tremors, seizures, unconsciousness, and insomnia.
- Brain Injury: Emotional Symptoms – Slip and fall victims may show symptoms of being easily agitated, aggressive, impatient, and irritable. Generally, they tend to either under or over react.
Contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld for a free legal consultation to determine if you can collect compensation for a brain injury as a result of a Broward County slip and fall accident. Call [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].