After a catastrophic work accident in Florida leaves you with an amputation injury,adjusting to life as a result of this injury can be extremely difficult. You may not be able to return to work, resulting in loss of income. Additionally, you may not even be able to shower yourself, feed yourself or take care of yourself. As you are finding out that you are facing many obstacles in your daily life, you are realizing that you need to get additional help.
A South Florida workers’ compensation attorney can help you receive the financial support and services that you need after a work amputation injury. You will need resources for the following areas so that you can continue living on your own terms.
Services you may need include:
- Nursing care. A nurse can come to your home to help you adjust to taking care of yourself without one of your limbs. You may need this service for a short time after surgery or indefinitely, depending on the amputation injury you sustained.
- Medical care. You will need to continue to see doctors in order to prevent infections.
- Physical therapy. In order to help you function, you may need physical therapy after your injury.
- Prosthesis.You may need a prosthetic limb to replace your missing limb.
- Other care or services. You may need a housekeeper or other help to clean your home, get your groceries, cook for you, or do other types of services.
If you have sustained an amputation injury at work in Florida, please call an experienced Fort Lauderdale workers’ compensation lawyer at the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″] for a free legal consultation.