There are many personal injury lawyers in South Florida. While many people might assume that they are all equal—since they all went to law school and passed the bar examination—not all attorneys are the same. So how can you decide which attorney is the right injury lawyer in South Florida for your case?
Here are five tips to help you choose among the many personal injury lawyers in our area:
- Ask family and friends for referrals
- Contact the Florida State Bar for recommendations
- Look at websites like Avvo to see what others are saying of an attorney
- Review the attorney’s website to confirm he or she takes similar cases to yours
- Ask for a free case consultation to meet the lawyer
While at your case evaluation, there are some other things you can do that will help you screen a lawyer to determine if he or she is the right attorney for you and your case. For example, you will want to bring all the information you have regarding your accident and injury to your appointment with your potential lawyer. While at the appointment, you will have a chance to discuss your accident and ask questions.
Here are some good things to bring up to help you determine how a lawyer will handle your case:
- How long have you been handling cases of this nature? Make sure the lawyer has experience in the area of law your case is in, and that he or she has proven results to back up his or her claims.
- What is your process regarding fact gathering? Make sure the lawyer doesn’t just write down what you tell him or her. An attorney should dig deeper and look further into your accident.
- Will you be handling my case personally? Find out what the lawyer says about this and who your contact person will be.
- What can I expect from you handling my case? You can tell a good deal about a lawyer’s experience in cases similar to yours in his or her response to this question.
After meeting with a lawyer and getting him or her to answer your questions, it is critical that you feel comfortable with that attorney. Don’t hire a lawyer you don’t like or don’t feel comfortable around. To speak with a trusted and experienced injury lawyer in South Florida, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld at 866-9 HELP NOW or 866-943-5766 for a complimentary consultation today.