Applying for disability benefits can seem like a daunting task. If the thought of answering questions at your Fort Lauderdale Social Security Disability hearing has you worried, consider these tips to make the process easier:
- Be sure that you answered the question asked. Nerves and fears often make people talk about things other than what was asked. It is a common mistake, and one that you should avoid.
- Many people are prone to rambling when they are nervous. Make sure that at your hearing you stick to the topic and don’t elaborate, ramble, or go off topic.
- Be specific about your disability. Use descriptive words to tell about your symptoms and limitations.
- Claimants will sometimes have gaps in medical care. This is often a key question for the judge, so be prepared to explain those gaps telling exactly why you went without treatment for a period of time.
- Don’t be embarrassed. While your hearing will likely include details that are very personal to you, it is important to remember that the judge hears cases like your all of the time. Their only role is to determine if you fit the definition of disability.
Applying for your Fort Lauderdale Social Security Disability can be an emotional time. Help ease your fears or any complications by finding an attorney you can trust. Everyone at the Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld P.A is dedicated to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve. With years of experience, David has helped numerous clients get the disability that they needed. Contact us today for a consultation regarding your situation.