A Fort Lauderdale slip and fall accident may have happened to you in a grocery store or restaurant due to a wet floor, in an apartment complex staircase due to a broken stair or railing, or it could have occurred on a public sidewalk due to a cracked or uneven walkway. However your slip and fall accident occurred, it is important that you contact an experienced professional to help you with your legal case.
Because not all slip and fall accidents are the same, you will need a skilled attorney to help you. A qualified lawyer who is experienced in premises liability law in Florida can assist you in:
- Gathering evidence. An attorney can take photographs of the scene, track down witnesses to obtain statements, and find out if any previous accidents have taken place at this same location.
- Seeking medical care. A lawyer who is located in your local community can guide you to the correct doctors to see for specific injuries. There are some doctors who write better medical reports that insurance companies can understand and who are better at testifying on the stand.
- Identifying an expert witness. A slip and fall lawyer will have contacts in order to obtain the right expert witness that would support your case.
- Protecting your rights. A knowledgeable attorney in premises liability law can determine who the responsible party is and seek damages on your behalf, in order to protect your rights.
- Collecting compensation. An experienced lawyer in slip and fall cases will find ways to get you reimbursed for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, ongoing care, and more.
While it may seem like a cut and dry case to you, the owner of the restaurant, apartment, or grocery store may not feel the same way. Sometimes these Florida slip and fall cases are not so simple. In some cases, it may be hard to prove responsibility in a premises liability case. You will have to prove that the owner was negligent and responsible for unsafe conditions and that the owner was aware of the danger and did not fix it. You may also need to prove that the owner should have known about the hazard and should have repaired it to prevent the slip and fall accident.
Do not attempt to battle a big company or their insurance company alone. The best thing you can do in this situation is to get emergency medical treatment for your injuries and contact an experienced slip and fall attorney who has handled these types of cases before and knows what is necessary to win your case.
If you are a victim of a South Florida slip and fall accident, Fort Lauderdale slip and fall attorney David Benenfeld may be able to help you. Call today for your free consultation at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].