After being injured on the job, you might feel like you have nowhere to turn. You want to know your rights under the Florida Workers’ Compensation Act, but you do not know if you need an attorney to explore those rights.
Injured workers contact attorneys for a variety of reasons. While you might not want to cause waves at work or make the process complicated, a serious injury has made it impossible for you to work. Therefore, you can no longer financially provide for yourself or your loved ones. You have medical costs, treatments, and you are unsure when you will be able to return to work. These reasons are more than enough to seek out professional help.
5 Reasons Injured Workers Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
There are plenty of great reasons to hire an attorney after a workplace injury. However, these five are some of the more critical reasons to at least sit down with an attorney for a consultation:
- The cost of an attorney is not as expensive as you think. If the cost of hiring an attorney is holding you back, do not worry. Workers’ compensation attorneys work on a contingency fee basis; therefore, you will not pay your attorney if they do not collect compensation. The fees are capped, and you will never be in a situation where the attorney takes more from you than you get.
- An attorney verifies you receive the benefits you are entitled to after an injury. Do you know what benefits you are legally entitled to as an injured worker? From the average weekly wages to medical costs to disability benefits – you need someone to make sure every penny that is owed is given to you.
- An attorney protects your rights. As an injured worker, you have rights. However, your employer or the insurance company may not advise you of those rights. For example, workers’ compensation might try to tell you a pre-existing condition does not qualify, even though it does.
- You are ready to resolve any issues. While some workers’ compensation claims go through without any issue, others face numerous obstacles. When issues arise, you want to be prepared – after all, you cannot afford to go days or weeks without pay. When you bring in an attorney, you have someone there ready to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.
- Now you have experience and guidance by your side. An attorney has years of experience handling workers’ compensation claims. They know the law, the process, and how insurance companies work. This can be used to your advantage. After all, you need to focus on healing – not negotiating or learning the complex laws regarding workers’ rights. An attorney is there to guide you, provide you with knowledge, and leverage their experience.
Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney for Your Claim
For your workplace injury, especially a serious injury, contact an attorney from the Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. Our advocates understand what you are going through, we know you have questions, and we want to help.
Schedule your free consultation today at 954-677-0155 or request more information online.