Take These 5 Preventive Action Steps to Avoid Accidents
To prevent becoming Florida’s next auto accident statistic, take these life-saving preventative actions before you get behind the wheel.
- Decrease Distraction. Remove cell phone temptations by placing your phone on mute, turning it OFF, or placing it in back seat. Try to avoid leaving late so you have extra time to get your kids properly buckled in and calmly settled in for the ride. Clean out your car so you are able to focus freely on the road, so you don’t get your hands tangled in messy distractions.
- Drive Dry. Arrange a designated driver BEFORE your FIRST drink. Don’t take chances that more often lead to death than not. It’s a simple precaution that requires self-control and consideration.
- Rest. While you know that proper sleep affects your health, do you know that driving without it puts you as a prime target for an auto accident? Don’t drive without adequate sleep or rest.
- Breathe. If you notice your chest tightening and frustration mounting, remember to breathe. Count to 10 or do whatever it takes to calm down. Slow down. Avoid the urge to speed and run the yellow light. Patience is a huge preventative measure that could save your life and others!
- Fix it. Regular car maintenance is an often overlooked preventative measure against auto accidents. Fix the tail light, brake light, brake pads, or whatever else needs fixing.
If you were in a Florida car accident and have been injured, it is vital that you seek quality support from a skilled Broward County Accident Attorney who understands the emotional, medical, financial, and legal issues that are at hand.
Contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld for a free legal consultation to receive the support you need. Call [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″].