Bicyclist are among us. Whether riding for exercise, leisure, or to be more eco-friendly, it is important to know what to do if you are ever involved in and accident.
Approximately 33,000 people die in car crashes in the United States each year. One in 41 of them is a bicyclist. Here are some of the Common Biking Accidents in Fort Lauderdale.
- The most common kind of accident is known as The Right Cross. In this case a car pulls out or backs out of a driveway or street to your right. The car does not see you crossing into their path and hits you or you don’t see them and collide with them.
- The second most common type of accident is known as The Door Prize. This accident occurs when a motorist opens their car day in front of you and you don’t have the time to stop.
- The Crosswalk Slam occurs when you are crossing the street and a vehicle makes a right turn crashing into you.
- The Red Light of Death happens when a car stops next to you at a stoplight. When the light turns green, you both proceed and the car turns right into you.
- The Rear End occurs when you go left trying to avoid an obstacle in front of you, only for the car to hit you from behind.
The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld P.A are here to help you if you are ever involved in a bicycle accident in Fort Lauderdale. With years of experience and plenty of satisfied clients, we are dedicated to providing knowledgeable and comprehensive representation for the duration of your case. Our goal is to always get you the compensation that you are entitled, so contact us today for a free consultation.