When a car accident changes your life in the blink of an eye, filing a successful insurance claim can be critical to making a full recovery. The attorneys at The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. provide experienced legal representation for Progressive auto insurance claims for victims throughout Florida. Schedule your free consultation now.
If you have been injured in a car accident, do you know your legal rights? Do you know who was at fault? How much are you entitled to recover? These are important questions, and if you do not know the answers, you are not going to recover the compensation you deserve.
At The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., we represent car accident victims throughout Florida in claims involving Progressive Insurance. Whether the driver who hit you has Progressive or you need to pursue an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim against Progressive under your own auto insurance policy, we can help you collect the money that you need to overcome your accident-related injuries and losses.
Five Steps to Protect Your Progressive Auto Insurance Claim
After any car accident, there are certain steps you can take that will help improve your chances of securing just compensation from the at-fault driver’s (or, in some cases, your) insurance company. If you need to file an auto accident claim against Progressive, you should:
- Take Photos and Collect Other Evidence at the Scene of the Accident. In order to file a successful insurance claim, you will need to be able to demonstrate that someone else is to blame for your injuries. This requires evidence. As a result, at the scene of the accident, you should take photos, collect witnesses’ contact information, obtain a copy of the police report, write down the other driver’s license plate and insurance information, and be sure to keep any of your personal items that were damaged in the collision.
- Seek Medical Attention Right Away. This is critical. Even if you feel fine initially, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. You may need treatment for serious internal injuries, and your medical records will also serve as key evidence in your claim for compensation.
- Report the Accident to Your Insurance Company, But Do Not Give a Recorded Statement. At this point, you want to report the accident to your insurance company, but nothing more. Do not say what you think happened, and do not agree to give a recorded statement over the phone. You are not required to do so, and the insurance companies (including Progressive) will only try to use your words against you.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Medical Advice. Once you receive a diagnosis and treatment plan, you need to follow your doctor’s advice. If you fail to seek follow-up treatment or try to return to work too soon, Progressive may try to use these facts to avoid paying full compensation on your claim.
- Speak with a Car Accident Lawyer. While you have the option to file your claim with Progressive on your own, if you do so you will almost certainly end up with far less than you deserve. Progressive’s adjusters are skilled at minimizing accident victims’ financial recoveries, and if you do not know who was at fault or how much you have lost, you simply have no way of knowing what is a fair settlement in your case. An experienced lawyer will be able to deal with Progressive for you, and will be prepared to take your case to trial if that is what it takes to secure just compensation.
Free Consultations and No-Fee Representation for Progressive Auto Insurance Claims
At The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., we offer free initial consultations for Progressive auto accident insurance claims in Florida, and we handle all cases on a contingency-fee basis. As a result, when you hire our attorneys to represent you, you will not pay anything unless we secure a financial settlement or win your case at trial. We will not waste your time if you do not have a claim, and if you do we will fight aggressively to secure maximum compensation as quickly as possible.
Schedule Your Free Consultation at The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A.
If you would like more information about what you need to do to protect your rights after a car accident in Florida, contact The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. now to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation. To speak with an experienced attorney about your claim against Progressive, call (954) 677-0155 or inquire online now.