Injury Lawyer with more than Two Decades of Legal Experience in West Palm Beach, Florida
You may be wondering if you need a lawyer after being injured in a motor vehicle accident, or after any injury caused by the negligence of another. The answer in most cases is: Yes, you do! The party who caused your injuries and/or that party’s insurance company will have attorneys working to attempt to reduce the amount of money you receive in compensation.
You will need an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer to investigate your accident, prepare a solid case for your claim, negotiate skillfully with insurance companies, and fight for your rights and interests in court if necessary. If your injuries are the result of a work-related accident, you will need a workers’ compensation attorney, well-versed in the laws and the system, to protect your rights and to fight on your behalf for the benefits you are entitled to receive.
Why Work with David M. Benenfeld?
If you are pursuing a claim for personal injury or workers’ compensation benefits, you will need a lawyer who has experience and a successful track record in handling injury cases. David M. Benenfeld has been successfully representing injured people in Florida for over 2 decades. He has recovered a number of significant settlements and jury verdicts for his clients, for which he has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
Our founding attorney provides compassionate and personalized representation. He will explain the legal process in a way that is understandable and return your calls as soon as possible. He also has an Excellent rating on Avvo and received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in 2014 and 2015.
Our Practice Areas
At our firm, we handle personal injury and workers’ compensation matters exclusively, and we have a great deal of knowledge in these areas of the law. We represent injured people in a range of cases, including:
- Auto accidents: All types of injuries are possible in motor vehicle accidents, ranging from minor to catastrophic to fatal. Common injuries suffered in car crashes include head and brain injuries, neck and soft tissue injuries, spinal cord injuries, facial injuries, and injuries to the trunk and lower extremities, as well as the upper extremities.
- Workers’ compensation: In 2014, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nonfatal on-the-job injuries occurred in the U.S. at a rate of 3.2 cases per 100 full-time workers. Private industry employers reported nearly 3 million nonfatal work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Wrongful death: When an injury caused by someone’s negligence or incompetence is severe enough to take the life of an innocent victim, survivors of the deceased are entitled to seek justice and compensation in a wrongful death claim.
- Trucking accidents: According to a report by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), some of the leading factors associated with large commercial trucking accidents were found to be truck brake problems (29%), trucks traveling too fast for conditions (23%), driver use of over-the-counter drugs (17%), and driver fatigue (13%).
- Motorcycle accidents: According to the findings stated in the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Hurt Report, the predominating cause of motorcycle crashes is the failure of other drivers to recognize motorcycles in traffic. The most frequently occurring accident configuration is when a driver turns left into the path of a motorcycle proceeding straight ahead.
- Bicycle accidents: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that an estimated 494,000 emergency room visits and more than 900 fatalities resulted from bicycle accidents in a recent year.
- Premises liability: Wet floors, unmarked obstacles, faulty stairs, icy sidewalks, and insufficient lighting are examples of hazardous conditions on a property that can give rise to premises liability claims when they cause visitors on the property to be injured.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: In a survey of nursing home staff conducted by the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), more than 50% admitted to having mistreated elderly patients with physical violence, mental abuse, or neglect within the previous year, with two-thirds of the incidents reported involving neglect.
West Palm Beach Attorney Representing Injury Victims
Your best course of action after being injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault is to consult with a knowledgeable injury lawyer. After a workplace injury, an experienced attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your workers’ compensation claim.
If you or your loved one has been injured in West Palm Beach, contact our firm for a free initial case consultation. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages or benefits you may be entitled to claim.