Injury Lawyers Serving Victims in the Pompano Beach Area
A serious injury can turn your life upside down. In addition to the pain and suffering caused by the injury, it can affect your job and your future earning capacity, and disrupt your family and your normal life activities.
If you have suffered a serious injury because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to file a claim for damages. On the other hand, if your injuries resulted from a work-related accident, you may be entitled to claim workers’ compensation benefits to cover your medical expenses and lost wages. In either case, an experienced Florida injury lawyer can make a significant difference in the final outcome of your claim.
Why Choose David M. Benenfeld for Your Injury Lawyer?
When you are searching for a Florida personal injury attorney, you will want someone experienced in injury law, and who has a long track record of success. Attorney David M. Benenfeld has devoted his practice exclusively to representing injured people. He has more than 2 decades of experience in this complex area of law and has obtained many high value settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients.
With an Excellent rating on Avvo, as well as the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in 2014 and 2015, and membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, our firm has gained a reputation for excellence in personal injury law. When you come to us for legal representation in an injury matter, you can have confidence that our personal injury lawyers have the skills, experience, and dedication to protect your rights and interests.
Practice Areas We Handle
Our practice at The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. is devoted exclusively to personal injury and workers’ compensation matters. We represent injured Florida people, not insurance companies or large corporations. The types of cases we handle include:
- Auto accidents: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that in a single recent year, 2,313,000 people were injured in motor vehicle accidents on U.S. roadways, at an injury rate of 78 per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
- Wrongful death claims: When someone’s negligence or incompetence results in the death of another, a wrongful death claim may arise. Wrongful death has many causes, including professional negligence, harmful products, and drunk driving.
- Bicycle accidents: According to the NHTSA, 743 bicyclists were killed and 48,000 were injured in traffic accidents in a recent year, representing a 1.2% increase in fatalities and a 2% decrease in injuries from the year before.
- Motorcycle collisions: Motorcyclists lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle in a crash. Common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include head and neck injuries, bone fractures, road rash, and injuries to the lower extremities.
- Trucking accidents: As stated in the Large Truck Crash Causation Study Analysis Brief of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), among the major factors contributing to large commercial truck collisions associated with the trucks and their drivers are: brake problems, prescription drug use, traveling too fast for conditions, over-the-counter drug use, inadequate surveillance, and driver fatigue.
- Nursing home abuse: As reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1.4 million people live in 15,700 nursing homes in the U.S. Sadly, a number of these vulnerable people will become – or have already become – victims of nursing home abuse and neglect.
- Premises liability cases: Property owners who fail to maintain their property in a safe condition become liable for injuries caused by dangerous conditions on the property. Injuries may result from dog bites, slippery floors, inadequate lighting, lack of security, and any number of other possible hazards.
- Workers’ compensation: In theory, you should not need an attorney to obtain workers’ compensation benefits. The Florida workers’ compensation system is designed to be self-executing, and you should automatically receive your benefits after a work-related injury or illness. In practice, however, this is not always the case, and you may need legal assistance in obtaining the full benefits you are entitled to receive as well as a lump sum settlement.
Get Legal Help After an Injury in Pompano Beach
If someone else causes you serious injury, you deserve compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Whether your injuries are work-related or caused by someone else’s negligence, do not make the mistake of believing that the insurance company is your friend.
When you come to our firm for legal representation in a personal injury or work-related injury case, you can count on us to work hard to protect your rights and interests. We know how to deal with insurance companies and what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. You can rely on David M. Benenfeld, P.A. for effective, efficient, and compassionate representation. Contact us today for a free case consultation!