Florida Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Victims in the Lauderhill Area
Negligence in law refers to the failure of a party to meet a standard of conduct that has been established to protect members of society from unreasonable risk. Car accidents caused by drunk drivers; injuries caused by hazardous conditions on a property; and dog bites inflicted by unrestrained, vicious animals are examples of negligence.
If you have been injured in Lauderhill by an act of negligence committed by another person, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation. Damages you may be entitled to include medical expenses, lost wages, impaired earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other losses. Your best course of action is to consult with an experienced Florida personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your injury.
Reasons to Hire David M. Benenfeld
We have focused our practice exclusively on injury matters. We represent injured Floridians in personal injury cases and workers’ compensation claims. Attorney David M. Benenfeld has more than a decade of experience in injury law and a reputation among his peers as a lawyer who will fight tooth and nail for his clients.
Our founder has also been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® in recognition of the significant settlements and jury verdicts he has won for his clients. He received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in 2014 and 2015, and has an Excellent rating on Avvo. You can rely on our firm for compassionate, efficient, and effective representation in your Florida injury case.
Types of Cases We Handle in Our Practice
Injury law is all we do at The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. We represent only injured people and not insurance companies. We can assist the people of Lauderhill in a range of injury matters, including:
- Wrongful death: When negligence results in the loss of a person’s life, wrongful death has occurred. Certain family members of the deceased may be entitled to seek justice for their loved one and compensation for their losses in a wrongful death claim.
- Auto accidents: In Florida, in 2014, there were 344,263 motor vehicle crashes, resulting in 225,679 injuries and 2,495 fatalities, as reported on Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES).
- Motorcycle accidents: In the most recent year for which statistics are available, motorcyclists accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics. In addition, a total of 4,668 motorcycle riders died and 88,000 were injured in traffic crashes in the U.S. that year.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists, pedestrians, and other non-occupants accounted for 17% of all traffic fatalities in a recent year, according to the NHTSA. Bicyclists injured in traffic crashes totaled 48,000, and bicyclist fatalities totaled 743.
- Trucking accidents: When large commercial trucks and passenger vehicles collide, the passenger vehicle occupants are more likely to suffer serious injuries. The NHTSA reports that among the 95,000 people injured in large truck collisions in a recent year, 2% were non-occupants, 25% were occupants of the large trucks, and 72% were occupants of other vehicles.
- Premises liability: Slip and fall accidents on slippery floors, toxic exposure to chemicals, lack of security leading to assault or rape, and dog bites inflicted by unrestrained vicious animals are examples of potential premises liability cases.
- Nursing home abuse: According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), a study of interviews of 2,000 nursing home residents found that 95% reported that they had been neglected or seen another resident neglected, and 44% said that they had been abused.
- Workers’ compensation: The Florida workers’ compensation system is designed to be self-executing – if you get hurt on the job, workers’ compensation insurance carriers should automatically provide you with the benefits you are entitled to receive under law. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case, and after a serious work-related injury, you need an experienced Florida workers’ compensation attorney to represent you.
Legal Help for Injured People in Lauderhill
If you have been injured at work or in an accident that was someone else’s fault, it is in your best interests to consult with a knowledgeable Florida injury attorney. If you decide to pursue a personal injury claim, the lawyer you choose to represent you can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Contact us before you talk to an insurance company representative. While the insurance company is seeking to minimize the amount it must pay out in your claim, David M. Benenfeld will skillfully negotiate on your behalf and fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive.