Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Accident Victims in Hollywood, FL and all of Florida
Motorists, truck drivers, property owners, and nursing homes all have a duty to exercise reasonable care for the safety of others. When they fail to fulfill that obligation, innocent people can get hurt, and when that happens, injured victims are entitled to pursue compensation for the losses that they have suffered.
If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in an accident caused by an act of negligence, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. You will need a knowledgeable injury attorney to skillfully negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and to fight for your rights in court, if necessary.
Why Choose Us?
At The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A., we have devoted our practice to injury law, with a history of positive case results. In representing injured people in Florida, founding attorney David M. Benenfeld’s reputation precedes him, and opposing counsel knows that he will fight tooth and nail for his clients.
He has years of experience in the complex legal area of injury law, and has obtained significant settlements and jury verdicts for many clients in his years of practice. Also, he has received distinguished awards, such as the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in 2014 and 2015, and has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, as well as achieving an Excellent rating on Avvo.
Our Practice Areas
At our firm, we focus our practice on helping injured people seek justice. We help them pursue the compensation or benefits they need and deserve after sustaining serious injuries. Our practice areas include:
- Automobile accidents: Traffic crashes take many lives and cause many injuries every year in the U.S. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 32,719 people were killed and 2,313,000 were injured in auto accidents in a single recent year.
- Motorcycle accidents: The leading cause of motorcycle crashes is the failure of other drivers to notice the presence of motorcycles on the roadways. According to the well-known Hurt Report prepared for the NHTSA, most (two-thirds) accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle are caused by the other driver, and not by the motorcycle driver.
- Bicycle accidents: According to Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES), there were 7,082 bicycle crashes in Florida in 2014, resulting in 135 fatalities. The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center reports that in a recent year, 48,000 people in the U.S. were injured in bicycle accidents.
- Trucking accidents: As stated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the majority of fatalities in large truck collisions are occupants of passenger vehicles – not the large trucks. IIHS also states that truck braking capability and driver fatigue are contributing factors to large truck crashes.
- Workers’ compensation: The U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that American workers spent 1,162,210 days away from work due to injury or illness in a recent year. If you are injured at work or develop an occupational illness, an experienced workers’ compensation attorney from our firm can protect your rights and help you pursue the benefits you are entitled to receive, and also help you get a lump sum settlement.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death occurs when the taking of an individual’s life results from the negligent or willful conduct of another person or persons. Surviving family members of the deceased may be entitled to file a wrongful death action against the responsible party or parties.
- Premises liability: When an individual is injured because of a property owner’s negligence, a premises liability claim may arise. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, been the victim of assault due to negligent security, or suffered any other injury resulting from hazards on someone else’s property in Hollywood, it is in your best interests to speak with an experienced Florida injury lawyer.
- Nursing home abuse: Our elderly citizens deserve the best of care and to be treated with courtesy and respect. Sadly, in some instances, they become the victims of abuse and neglect in nursing homes. According to the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), a study of 2,000 nursing home resident interviews revealed that 44% said they had been abused, and 95% said they had been neglected or witnessed another resident being neglected.
Get the Legal Help You Need After a Serious Injury in Hollywood!
If you have been hurt on the job, or if you have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld can help. When you work with us, you can count on personalized, effective, and efficient representation. Contact us today by phone, or use our online form to arrange for a free case consultation.