Experienced Injury Lawyers Serving Ft. Lauderdale and all of Florida
In personal injury matters, an innocent person is harmed because of the failure of another to use reasonable care, or by the reckless or negligent actions of another. If you have been injured because of an act of negligence, you may be entitled to file a claim for economic and noneconomic compensatory damages.
Economic damages may include lost wages, lost earning capacity, medical expenses, and other economic consequences of your injuries. On the other hand, noneconomic damages may include loss of companionship or consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, and other losses. In some cases, punitive damages are also awarded to punish the responsible party for particularly egregious conduct.
Reasons to Choose The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A.
After a serious personal injury, it is in your best interests to retain a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to help you pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive. Injured people in Fort Lauderdale can find a Florida injury lawyer with years of experience and a successful track record at The Law Offices of David M. Benenfeld, P.A. We can also assist you with your workers’ compensation claim if you have been hurt on the job.
We will explain the legal process to you in a way that is simple and easy to understand, and we are always available to answer questions, as we are dedicated to always returning calls within 24 hours, if not sooner.
We have the experience, skills, and dedication to effectively and efficiently pursue the compensation or benefits you need after a serious injury. Attorney David M. Benenfeld has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® as a result of the significant settlements and jury verdicts he has obtained on behalf of his clients.
Our legal practice is focused exclusively on injury matters, representing injured people in Fort Lauderdale and other areas in Florida. The types of cases we handle include the following:
- Auto accidents: In 2014, there were a total of 344,263 traffic crashes in the state of Florida, in which 225,679 people were injured and 2,495 were killed, as stated on Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES).
- Bicycle accidents: Although bicyclists account for only 1% of all trips taken in the U.S., they face a higher risk of death or injury than occupants of enclosed passenger vehicles, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In a single recent year, there were 494,000 visits to emergency rooms because of bicycle accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents: When a motorcycle comes to a sudden stop due to a collision, a rider can be thrown forcefully from the bike, sustaining injuries from impact with objects in the body’s pathway, as well as from impact with the ground.
- Trucking accidents: As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), of the 3,964 people killed in large truck collisions in a recent year, 71% were occupants of other vehicles, 11% were cyclists or pedestrians, and only 17% were occupants of the large commercial trucks.
- Nursing home abuse: The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) states that nursing home residents face a greater risk of abuse and neglect in facilities that have a high percentage of residents with dementia and a low ratio of staff to residents.
- Premises liability: The legal theory of premises liability holds property owners and other parties responsible for injuries caused by hazardous conditions on their property, such as wet floors, falling objects, icy walkways, insufficient lighting, and inadequate security.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost someone you love through the negligence of another, we understand that no amount of money can ever bring back your loved one or compensate you for the loss you have suffered. Nevertheless, we can help you seek justice for your loved one by holding the responsible party accountable in a wrongful death claim.
- Workers’ compensation: Although most Florida workers are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits if they are injured on the job, those benefits are not always easy to obtain. Workers’ compensation insurance adjusters are notorious for denying claims. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer can help protect your rights to receive the medical care and wage replacement benefits you need, as well as to help you obtain a lump sum settlement.
Legal Help for Injured People in Fort Lauderdale
After an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or an injury or illness suffered at work, your focus should be on recovering and getting back to your life. David M. Benenfeld knows how to deal with insurance companies and what it takes to obtain the compensation or benefits you deserve. Contact us today for a dedicated legal advocate in your Fort Lauderdale injury case. Call (954) 530-8077 to connect directly with our Fort Lauderdale office.