What Should I Do After My Daughter Was Hit In A Mall Parking Lot By An Aggressive Driver?
Many drivers are aggressive, but drivers are typically more aggressive during the holiday season when parking lots are crowded. Unfortunately, crowds often frustrate drivers and cause some drivers to become more reckless and aggressive. When this happens, drivers might do something negligent and strike a pedestrian or another car.
After a pedestrian is struck by a moving motor vehicle in a parking lot, injured pedestrians need to know what to do in order to protect themselves and make sure they get the proper compensation.
If your daughter has been injured, do the following things:
- Contact 911 to have an ambulance sent to the accident scene.
- Get information from the driver, including his or her driver’s license number, insurance policy number, license plate number, and general contact information.
- Take photographs with your cell phone of the car’s damages and any visible injuries your daughter has.
- If there were any witnesses to the crash, ask for their contact information.
- If the police arrived at the scene, request a copy of the police report.
Because it is often difficult for pedestrians to get the compensation that they deserve from an insurance company, many injured pedestrians need to seek the legal advice of an attorney. If you would like to speak with an experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer, contact the Law Offices of David Benenfeld for a free consultation at [number type=”2″] or [number type=”1″] today.