What Is The First Thing I Should Do If I’m In A Car Accident?
- Breathe: Take the time to pull over to a safe location and catch your breath before making any other decisions.
- Stay Put: You will be tempted to get out, check out the damage, and talk to the other driver. Don’t, especially if you are on a busy highway or intersection.
- Call 911: The dispatcher will collect your information including: location, injuries, description of accident, and your name and number.
- Gather Info: Collect as much data about the other driver as possible. Record name, address, several phone numbers, insurance company and policy number, license plate, make, model, and year of car.
- Get Medical Care: If you are injured, alert the police of suspected injury.
- Call Your Insurance: Submit all info and police report.
- Seek Professional Legal Help: Following a South Florida auto accident, it is vital to contact a skilled attorney who understands your various needs and who can help you avoid critical mistakes to make sure you receive the most financial compensation possible.
If you or a loved one has been in a vehicle accident, contact the offices of David M. Benenfeld for a free case evaluation.