How To Determine Who Is At Fault From A South Florida Auto Accident
Question: Recently I was in a South Florida car accident and injured. The other driver said he was not at fault. I believe he was. How does an insurance company look at a case when neither one of us feels it is their fault?
Answer: It’s not unusual to come to a stand still on who is to blame in a South Florida car accident. This is when an experienced Broward County auto accident attorney needs to be consulted. A skilled attorney can reconstruct the auto accident and see if you have a claim.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person, sometimes it isn’t too difficult to see just by the outward appearance on who was to blame.
Things you may want to reconstruct and remember are the events leading up to the accident. Here is a list of things to remember and write down.
- Did the driver violate any traffic laws
- Was the driver driving recklessly or exceeding the speed limit
- Was the driver driving without a license
- Was the driver impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Was there any indication the driver was being inattentive while driving? This would include talking on the phone, texting, putting on make-up, shaving, reading a map, etc.
Other things that may determine who caused the accident is by the location of the damage on the vehicles.
Filing a police report, getting witness information and photos of the street and vehicles involved will help your South Florida auto accident attorney in preparing your claim. Contact the Offices of David M. Benenfeld to determine if you have a case and are eligible for compensation.